ORIGAMI OWL- SCAM-SCAM-SCAM

Update added by user Jun 28, 2013

Update.....I finally after 4 months, received an email from a compliance officer at Origami Owl asking me to send my original email cancelling as an independent designer.Just so you know, I had originally sent 7 emails requesting to cancel, sent a hard copy by mail and also left several messages on voicemail.

They have the nerve to ask me to send yet another email ???? In a separate email, the same compliance officer states...'you are cancelled' and proceeds to send me all of the "new" policy & procedures telling me what I can't do since resigning....this just keeps getting better and better...for ANYONE considering selling for this company...think TWICE....the customer support does NOT exist !!

This is a horribly run start up company with a 17 year old Founder...HELLO ???????????:grin

Original review posted by user May 24, 2013

DO NOT JOIN ORIGAMI OWL AS AN INDEPENDENT DESIGNER.THIS IS A LOW CLASS, POORLY RUN COMPANY THAT DOES NOT OFFER THE SUPPORT AS PROMISED.

THEY DELIVER A POOR PRODUCT AND ENCOURAGE STAY AT HOME MOMS TO JOIN THIS PYRAMID SCAM. I RESIGNED AFTER ONLY A MONTH OF BUGGING ALL MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO BUY THIS STUFF. I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM THE "NEST" FOR 90 DAYS NOW AFTER NUMEROUS EMAILS, CALLS, AND LETTERS.

I AM CURRENTLY ON HOLD FOR 45 MINUTES.....FOR THE 6TH TIME.....THEY CONTINUE TO CHARGE MY CHECKING ACCOUNT $9.95 EACH MONTH......DO NOT JOIN AND DO NOT BUY THEIR PRODUCTS....THEY ARE FULL OF LIES, LIES, LIES !!!!THEY ENCOURAGE YOU TO PURCHASE ALL THE INVENTORY AND PARTY DECORATIONS AND YOU WILL NOT RECOUP YOUR MONEY...THEY PREY ON YOUNG STAY AT HOME MOMS...CALLING THEM MAMA...IT IS RIDICULOUS.....

review #411744
205 92 Helpful?
Had the same issue73 Comments120
Had an experience with Origami Owl?  Submit review about this company
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
bluebird

Aug 10, 2014 #854333

Monthly fee is only if you want it - very possible to run your business without.

6 0 Reply

Jan 19 #933001

I love reading these crazy websites.... LOL
you need to get some facts straight!
O2 does not charge $9.95. NEVER DID.
The OPTIONAL website bundle is $10 and only started bing charged in June of 2014. Before that, it was free! so obviously, you don't know what you're talking about or were being charged by a company covering as O2... Because, it's extremely easy to delete your card info from the back office... takes 5 seconds... so again, I think you're a fraud! :-) What was your designer ID? I think you are just jealous of their success and actually work with a cheaper quality company... ;-)

4 0 Reply
OOlover

Apr 06 #968675 North Platte, Nebraska

I don't know how you could have been charged 9.95 a month for a year as they just started doing the July of 2014. Sorry you decides it wasn't for you but don't stretch the truth!

0 0 Reply
someone who knows better

Jul 27, 2014 #846892

I beg to differ. I think you are a fraud and probably from another company who tries to do knock offs of O2 items. This company is the best thing ever!

10 5 Reply
Charming

Aug 10, 2014 #854330

I don't think she is a fraud because I am an ex designer who could not handle the unethical business tactics of Origami Owl. I quit even though I was making good money with a team of 4 under me. We all just gave up. A few members of my team went to another company and I started my own. It's easy to do and I am making ten times what I was making with OO without the headaches. Not selling anything here or looking for followers. Just stating the facts for everyone.

7 6 Reply

Jan 25 #936084

I'd like to point out that "living lockets" were actually around YEARS prior to Origami Owl starting up. I would know because 7 years ago I received a locket like the ones that O2 does as a gift for being a part of my best friends wedding. Now dont get me wrong, O2's jewelry is gorgeous, BUT I find it very limited for my tastes.

0 0 Reply
18yr.oldDesigner

Jun 23, 2014 #831030

Having 60,000 Designers, and growing, in direct sales and 700 employees I think explains that the "complaints" are not really working. The complaints are from incidents years ago! During those years a company was FORMING. The customer support calls took so long back then because everyone loved the new product and Origami Owl was not used to this high demand. Now they are aware of these things and are prepared.
The company itself is so much more than a direct sales company. Our mission is to be a force for good; to LOVE, INSPIRE AND MOTIVATE people of all ages to REACH THEIR DREAMS and EMPOWER them to make a DIFFERENCE in the lives of others. Yes I have the mission statement memorized but the content is proof why it is worthy to memorize. The company is not just a company, everyone is a family. If you want to be negative nellie without legit proof and try to complain about a company to make yourself look better, you are going to get a 70,000 member family pushing right back at you.

11 0 Reply
getoutnow

Aug 10, 2014 #854328

Oh 18yearolddesigner...I agree with you on one point...the marketing scheme of OO is one of the best I have ever seen. They are scamming your girls like you minute by minute and you are all falling for it. I even will agree that some of you are making money right now. But if you are...then you are now dealing with the complaints, the broken lockets, the poor customer service. You are refunding out of your own pocket and you are not able to get any support from your leaders...because they too are frazzled. Also, this company can't handle the growth they have had, nor do they want to handle the growth. They know the fad will be over in a year or two and they will go out of business and your income will dry up. period.

3 4 Reply
stop being a biruaNatch

Jun 12, 2014 #826933 Cookeville, Tennessee

I've seen your name pop up on many posts -- all negative, all without proof

7 0 Reply
Theresa

May 14, 2014 #815172 Virginia Beach, Virginia

I’m so incredibly disappointed with this company! I ordered my necklace from Thursday Reichart (Oragomi Owl host) on Oct 2013 and ended up having to hand my necklace back to the host due to the necklace falling apart on December 2013. The host explained that she would return the necklace for a new one and I should expect it in 3 to 4 weeks. After waiting my full 3 to 4 weeks I attempted to contact the host via phone and e-mail without any reponse. After I had enough of the waiting game I decided to contact Oragami Owls customer service. Turns out the host never sent my necklace for an exchange and also wouldn’t return the customer services calls. Well it’s mid May and Oragomi Owl has yet to return my necklace as promised by the customer service rep On February 2014. I have called 10 plus times to follow up on my necklace and all I’m able to do is leave a message for someone that has yet to contact me back. For anyone that cares, the reps names is Thursday Reichart cell #1-757-439-2667 (sure did!) and my claim number is 275371.

8 9 Reply

May 06, 2014 #812433

It took four months after signing up to become a designer. I paid and received my kit. I found the web site confusing and the amount of emails I received overwhelming. My mentor does very well for herself. I really wanted to do well too. Three months into being a designer, I had to have surgery and was laid up. Origami made several rule changes, one of which is if you do not sell $200.00 in in six months they will remove you from being a designer without notice. And if you want back in, you would have to buy another full kit, even if you don't need one. Since I was unable to work, I was deactivated. I wish they wouldn’t make things so difficult for their designers. I really wanted to sell, but now there is no way I am going to buy another kit. I wasn’t that pleased with the selection already. I have sold Avon and they were very supportive of their sellers. I really didn’t get that feeling from O-O. I would say, if you have the time and network, you can do well.

3 3 Reply
Katerina

May 04, 2014 #811734

I'm new and I signed up two weeks ago in those two weeks my kit and all my table decorations (I personally decided on purchasing) where paid for in orders totaling over $1000, I was SO confused cause I've never done anything like this and failed to look at all the helpful information O2 provided me, I actually called customer service 5 times in one day never had to wait more than 2 minutes at them most for a rep and they were always helpful and friendly (EVEN WHEN I CALLED THEM FIVE TIMES ALREADY!). The payQuicker thing is to your advantage and you don't need to pay to access funds, your card works like any regular card would, its like having a business CC - stop writing negative post about a company your obviously ill informed about and don't put any effort into!

16 0 Reply
Amanda

Apr 10, 2014 #804041 Katy, Texas

You are so full of ***!! I have been with the company for over a year and am completely happy with the company and the support. "Prey" on young stay at home moms?! Are you serious. Get a life!

14 1 Reply
LaurenD

Apr 01, 2014 #800866 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I am posting as anonymous because I don't want to sign up for this site. My ne is Lauren, I am a stay at home mother, and I signed up with Origami owl a month ago. My sales for my first month was OVER $2,000. I have yet to be pressured to purchase anything, other than me obviously having to pay for the started kit. In commission for my first month, I have made close to $900. If you are not driven and in love with what you are selling, you will not succeed with this business. You need to have great customer service skills and enough interest and knowledge of the product to become successful in this business. I have never had a problem with customer service or returning a damaged product. More people will go out of there way to post a negative review, than a positive one. You can call me a liar, like you continue to do with every other positive review, but we can call you the same. You clearly did not know enough people, or have enough of a personality to be successful in this business. I already have 5 parties booked for April alone, not to mention vendor events I booked. I feel like because you failed, you're taking it out on the company.

15 0 Reply

Apr 28, 2014 #809813

Hi "Lauren" I have been considering joining company..cautious as I have sold pampered chef and tastefully simple in past..i am hairdresser full time..but looking to make more money on the side..I liked your post..very true..would like to hear more from you:) My email is jenny4redken@yahoo.com

5 0 Reply

Mar 25, 2014 #798610 Hicksville, New York

Worst Company EVER!!!!....They should NOT be in business!!!

0 7 Reply
Hooter

Mar 11, 2014 #793433

Some of you are just making mountains out if mole hills. It's just like Scentsy or Tupperware. If you're unorganized and unmotivated it won't sell. I find some of these stories reminiscent of IT calls. Of course the TV won't work if you don't push power. :upset

11 1 Reply

Mar 06, 2014 #791739

I received a Living Locket as a gift from my mother-in-law for Christmas. Within less than a month the stones had fallen off of the front of the locket. When she contacted the rep., she was told that the time on the warranty had expired since she purchased it but had waited to give to me until Christmas. I love concept of their products but I think they are poorly made and will look elsewhere for a better quality product. My mother-in-law feels so bad she is buying another as a replacement but I don't think she should waste her money on OO. :eek

0 3 Reply

2013 = 17 years old 2014 = 18 years old

0 1 Reply
jillian

Mar 06, 2014 #791749

In 2010, Bella was 14 and began her business BEFORE it was incorporated as Origami Owl. She tells the story all the time!! I don't know why you would intentionally misrepresent her. She and her mom tell everyone how they started doing Bazaars and events at churches and then went to the Chandler Mall and rented a kiosk. That was Black Friday of 2010. They had so much success, they launched Origami Owl officially in 2011.

7 1 Reply

21-40 of 120 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Origami Owl.
Filing a new complaint about
×