ORIGAMI OWL- SCAM-SCAM-SCAM

Issue not resolved
Update added by user Jun 28, 2013

Update.....I finally after 4 months, received an email from a compliance officer at Origami Owl asking me to send my original email cancelling as an independent designer.Just so you know, I had originally sent 7 emails requesting to cancel, sent a hard copy by mail and also left several messages on voicemail.

They have the nerve to ask me to send yet another email ???? In a separate email, the same compliance officer states...'you are cancelled' and proceeds to send me all of the "new" policy & procedures telling me what I can't do since resigning....this just keeps getting better and better...for ANYONE considering selling for this company...think TWICE....the customer support does NOT exist !!

This is a horribly run start up company with a 17 year old Founder...HELLO ???????????:grin

Original review posted by user May 24, 2013

DO NOT JOIN ORIGAMI OWL AS AN INDEPENDENT DESIGNER.THIS IS A LOW CLASS, POORLY RUN COMPANY THAT DOES NOT OFFER THE SUPPORT AS PROMISED.

THEY DELIVER A POOR PRODUCT AND ENCOURAGE STAY AT HOME MOMS TO JOIN THIS PYRAMID SCAM. I RESIGNED AFTER ONLY A MONTH OF BUGGING ALL MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO BUY THIS STUFF. I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM THE "NEST" FOR 90 DAYS NOW AFTER NUMEROUS EMAILS, CALLS, AND LETTERS.

I AM CURRENTLY ON HOLD FOR 45 MINUTES.....FOR THE 6TH TIME.....THEY CONTINUE TO CHARGE MY CHECKING ACCOUNT $9.95 EACH MONTH......DO NOT JOIN AND DO NOT BUY THEIR PRODUCTS....THEY ARE FULL OF LIES, LIES, LIES !!!!THEY ENCOURAGE YOU TO PURCHASE ALL THE INVENTORY AND PARTY DECORATIONS AND YOU WILL NOT RECOUP YOUR MONEY...THEY PREY ON YOUNG STAY AT HOME MOMS...CALLING THEM MAMA...IT IS RIDICULOUS.....

d495097 review #411744
82 Helpful? 192
Had the same issue52 Comments109 Report
Had an experience with Origami Owl?  Submit review about this company

May 06

It took four months after signing up to become a designer. I paid and received my kit. I found the web site confusing and the amount of emails I received overwhelming. My mentor does very well for herself. I really wanted to do well too. Three months into being a designer, I had to have surgery and was laid up. Origami made several rule changes, one of which is if you do not sell $200.00 in in six months they will remove you from being a designer without notice. And if you want back in, you would have to buy another full kit, even if you don't need one. Since I was unable to work, I was deactivated. I wish they wouldn’t make things so difficult for their designers. I really wanted to sell, but now there is no way I am going to buy another kit. I wasn’t that pleased with the selection already. I have sold Avon and they were very supportive of their sellers. I really didn’t get that feeling from O-O. I would say, if you have the time and network, you can do well.

3 3 Reply
Katerina

May 04

I'm new and I signed up two weeks ago in those two weeks my kit and all my table decorations (I personally decided on purchasing) where paid for in orders totaling over $1000, I was SO confused cause I've never done anything like this and failed to look at all the helpful information O2 provided me, I actually called customer service 5 times in one day never had to wait more than 2 minutes at them most for a rep and they were always helpful and friendly (EVEN WHEN I CALLED THEM FIVE TIMES ALREADY!). The payQuicker thing is to your advantage and you don't need to pay to access funds, your card works like any regular card would, its like having a business CC - stop writing negative post about a company your obviously ill informed about and don't put any effort into!

14 0 Reply
Amanda

Apr 10 Katy, Texas

You are so full of ***!! I have been with the company for over a year and am completely happy with the company and the support. "Prey" on young stay at home moms?! Are you serious. Get a life!

13 1 Reply
LaurenD

Apr 01 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I am posting as anonymous because I don't want to sign up for this site. My ne is Lauren, I am a stay at home mother, and I signed up with Origami owl a month ago. My sales for my first month was OVER $2,000. I have yet to be pressured to purchase anything, other than me obviously having to pay for the started kit. In commission for my first month, I have made close to $900. If you are not driven and in love with what you are selling, you will not succeed with this business. You need to have great customer service skills and enough interest and knowledge of the product to become successful in this business. I have never had a problem with customer service or returning a damaged product. More people will go out of there way to post a negative review, than a positive one. You can call me a liar, like you continue to do with every other positive review, but we can call you the same. You clearly did not know enough people, or have enough of a personality to be successful in this business. I already have 5 parties booked for April alone, not to mention vendor events I booked. I feel like because you failed, you're taking it out on the company.

11 0 Reply

Apr 28

Hi "Lauren" I have been considering joining company..cautious as I have sold pampered chef and tastefully simple in past..i am hairdresser full time..but looking to make more money on the side..I liked your post..very true..would like to hear more from you:) My email is jenny4redken@yahoo.com

3 0 Reply
Hooter

Mar 11

Some of you are just making mountains out if mole hills. It's just like Scentsy or Tupperware. If you're unorganized and unmotivated it won't sell. I find some of these stories reminiscent of IT calls. Of course the TV won't work if you don't push power. :upset

9 0 Reply

Mar 06

I received a Living Locket as a gift from my mother-in-law for Christmas. Within less than a month the stones had fallen off of the front of the locket. When she contacted the rep., she was told that the time on the warranty had expired since she purchased it but had waited to give to me until Christmas. I love concept of their products but I think they are poorly made and will look elsewhere for a better quality product. My mother-in-law feels so bad she is buying another as a replacement but I don't think she should waste her money on OO. :eek

0 2 Reply

2013 = 17 years old 2014 = 18 years old

0 1 Reply
jillian

Mar 06

In 2010, Bella was 14 and began her business BEFORE it was incorporated as Origami Owl. She tells the story all the time!! I don't know why you would intentionally misrepresent her. She and her mom tell everyone how they started doing Bazaars and events at churches and then went to the Chandler Mall and rented a kiosk. That was Black Friday of 2010. They had so much success, they launched Origami Owl officially in 2011.

5 1 Reply

Feb 12

They are lying about the age. Bella and the company never started in 2010. In 2010 Bella was 13 years old.
The Mother Christian Weems was buying from the REAL SUPPLIERS THAT LAUNCHED THE COLLECTION IN 2002.
Christian Weems was Still on Probation from the Child Molestation Case.
Summer of 2011 or after they copied the Lockets and Charms and MADE UP THE FAKE STORY.
That would make Bella 15 years old.
Another LIE CAUGHT

2011 = 15 yeas old - Origami Owl launched December 2011
2012 = 16 years old 2013 = 17 years old 2014 = 18 years old

0 3 Reply

Jan 23 Freedom, Wisconsin

This is a very legit company. My daughter and I haev been donig this for 11 months and made a lot of money. We were never pressured into buying inventory or decorations. We did what we wanted at our pace and we also encourage our large team (currently 28 ladies) the same. Only spend and invest what you can afford ... you can do this slowly and still succeed! We are ever so greatful for this amazing journey and all the wonderful awards and recognition. We are off to SOAR in Chiacgo in 2 days and cannot wait! I would encourage anyoen thinking about joining this company to ensure that they are mathced with an excellent mentor as that will really help!

5 0 Reply
kcalray

Feb 20 Everett, Washington

If you are doing so well, then why post as anonymous? Why not self promote yourself and tell your name. With all of the negatives with actual names, one reply with an anonymous is going to go nowhere.
I think this is someone from the company trying to BS people. Not working.

2 4 Reply

Jun 23

As a Designer you are not supposed to promote yourself on any type of media. People that promote themselves on the internet or social media are acting against company policy and will be deactivated. The company is very active with social media and will find you especially if you use your name! Duh! Using your own name online is also asking for spammers and cold callers to contact you to sell their products to you. Cold calling is illegal fyi.
You do not need self promotion online to be successful. I'm a busy eighteen year old Designer and have no problem with my business. If you are "bugging" your family and friends, obviously something is wrong with your approach to past or potential customers. I guess you are just not the direct sales, or any type of sales promotion for that matter, type.

4 0 Reply

Jan 22

I am a leading designer with the company. I have a large sales base that i have worked hard for. I also have two gals signed up under me. I had my kit paid for with only one party. This is a legit company with high quality products. And, you agreed to a contract and this post from you is slander and they can take you to court over this. You must be professional in the words you use.

3 0 Reply
kcalray

Feb 20 Everett, Washington

Yep, sure you did. Why not post your name then? Silly company! Cheap jewelry and will not last. Why buy from a family with child molestation? Creepy!!!!!

1 3 Reply
lolalalocaenmiami

Jun 12 Miami, Florida

i bet you buy food from companies that abuse and kill animals in a inhumane way and doesn't bother you.
you are probably a seller for another company just trying to bring other down. grow up

2 1 Reply

Jan 20

I agree 100% I completely regret signing up with them. Worst company I have ever dealt with. They now changed their check policy so as a designer you do not get a personal check. You are set up with pay quicker and you have to set up an account with them. that means send them your social, drivers license, bday, name, phone, address etc or you do not get paid. also there are a million fees in order to get your money. they send you a *** debit card and there are fees to use it. a fee to withdraw, everytime you use it, to have them send a check etc. I am beyond furious with them and no one from the company will do anything for me. I will NEVER EVER EVER purchase from them again. Worthless scam.

1 1 Reply

21-40 of 109 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Origami Owl.
Filing a new complaint about
×