ORIGAMI OWL- SCAM-SCAM-SCAM

May 24, 2013
review #411744
Update added by user Jun 28, 2013

Update.....I finally after 4 months, received an email from a compliance officer at Origami Owl asking me to send my original email cancelling as an independent designer.Just so you know, I had originally sent 7 emails requesting to cancel, sent a hard copy by mail and also left several messages on voicemail.

They have the nerve to ask me to send yet another email ???? In a separate email, the same compliance officer states...'you are cancelled' and proceeds to send me all of the "new" policy & procedures telling me what I can't do since resigning....this just keeps getting better and better...for ANYONE considering selling for this company...think TWICE....the customer support does NOT exist !!

This is a horribly run start up company with a 17 year old Founder...HELLO ???????????:grin

Original review posted by user May 24, 2013

DO NOT JOIN ORIGAMI OWL AS AN INDEPENDENT DESIGNER.THIS IS A LOW CLASS, POORLY RUN COMPANY THAT DOES NOT OFFER THE SUPPORT AS PROMISED.

THEY DELIVER A POOR PRODUCT AND ENCOURAGE STAY AT HOME MOMS TO JOIN THIS PYRAMID SCAM. I RESIGNED AFTER ONLY A MONTH OF BUGGING ALL MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO BUY THIS STUFF. I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM THE "NEST" FOR 90 DAYS NOW AFTER NUMEROUS EMAILS, CALLS, AND LETTERS.

I AM CURRENTLY ON HOLD FOR 45 MINUTES.....FOR THE 6TH TIME.....THEY CONTINUE TO CHARGE MY CHECKING ACCOUNT $9.95 EACH MONTH......DO NOT JOIN AND DO NOT BUY THEIR PRODUCTS....THEY ARE FULL OF LIES, LIES, LIES !!!!THEY ENCOURAGE YOU TO PURCHASE ALL THE INVENTORY AND PARTY DECORATIONS AND YOU WILL NOT RECOUP YOUR MONEY...THEY PREY ON YOUNG STAY AT HOME MOMS...CALLING THEM MAMA...IT IS RIDICULOUS.....

aa27127
Had an experience with Origami Owl?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions

Mar 06

I received a Living Locket as a gift from my mother-in-law for Christmas. Within less than a month the stones had fallen off of the front of the locket. When she contacted the rep., she was told that the time on the warranty had expired since she purchased it but had waited to give to me until Christmas. I love concept of their products but I think they are poorly made and will look elsewhere for a better quality product. My mother-in-law feels so bad she is buying another as a replacement but I don't think she should waste her money on OO. :eek

0 2 Reply

Bella's age when Origami Owl REALLY LAUNCHED
2010 - 14 years old - Origami Owl DID NOT EXSIST
2011 = 15 years old - Origami Owl launched December 2011
2012 = 16 years old
2013 = 17 years old 2014 = 18 years old

jillian

Mar 06

In 2010, Bella was 14 and began her business BEFORE it was incorporated as Origami Owl. She tells the story all the time!! I don't know why you would intentionally misrepresent her. She and her mom tell everyone how they started doing Bazaars and events at churches and then went to the Chandler Mall and rented a kiosk. That was Black Friday of 2010. They had so much success, they launched Origami Owl officially in 2011.

5 1 Reply

Feb 12

They are lying about the age. Bella and the company never started in 2010. In 2010 Bella was 13 years old.
The Mother Christian Weems was buying from the REAL SUPPLIERS THAT LAUNCHED THE COLLECTION IN 2002.
Christian Weems was Still on Probation from the Child Molestation Case.
Summer of 2011 or after they copied the Lockets and Charms and MADE UP THE FAKE STORY.
That would make Bella 15 years old.
Another LIE CAUGHT

2011 = 15 yeas old - Origami Owl launched December 2011
2012 = 16 years old 2013 = 17 years old 2014 = 18 years old

0 3 Reply

Jan 23 Freedom, Wisconsin

This is a very legit company. My daughter and I haev been donig this for 11 months and made a lot of money. We were never pressured into buying inventory or decorations. We did what we wanted at our pace and we also encourage our large team (currently 28 ladies) the same. Only spend and invest what you can afford ... you can do this slowly and still succeed! We are ever so greatful for this amazing journey and all the wonderful awards and recognition. We are off to SOAR in Chiacgo in 2 days and cannot wait! I would encourage anyoen thinking about joining this company to ensure that they are mathced with an excellent mentor as that will really help!

5 0 Reply
kcalray

Feb 20 Everett, Washington

If you are doing so well, then why post as anonymous? Why not self promote yourself and tell your name. With all of the negatives with actual names, one reply with an anonymous is going to go nowhere.
I think this is someone from the company trying to BS people. Not working.

2 4 Reply

Jun 23

As a Designer you are not supposed to promote yourself on any type of media. People that promote themselves on the internet or social media are acting against company policy and will be deactivated. The company is very active with social media and will find you especially if you use your name! Duh! Using your own name online is also asking for spammers and cold callers to contact you to sell their products to you. Cold calling is illegal fyi.
You do not need self promotion online to be successful. I'm a busy eighteen year old Designer and have no problem with my business. If you are "bugging" your family and friends, obviously something is wrong with your approach to past or potential customers. I guess you are just not the direct sales, or any type of sales promotion for that matter, type.

4 0 Reply

Jan 22

I am a leading designer with the company. I have a large sales base that i have worked hard for. I also have two gals signed up under me. I had my kit paid for with only one party. This is a legit company with high quality products. And, you agreed to a contract and this post from you is slander and they can take you to court over this. You must be professional in the words you use.

kcalray

Feb 20 Everett, Washington

Yep, sure you did. Why not post your name then? Silly company! Cheap jewelry and will not last. Why buy from a family with child molestation? Creepy!!!!!

1 3 Reply
lolalalocaenmiami

Jun 12 Miami, Florida

i bet you buy food from companies that abuse and kill animals in a inhumane way and doesn't bother you.
you are probably a seller for another company just trying to bring other down. grow up

2 1 Reply

Jan 20

I agree 100% I completely regret signing up with them. Worst company I have ever dealt with. They now changed their check policy so as a designer you do not get a personal check. You are set up with pay quicker and you have to set up an account with them. that means send them your social, drivers license, bday, name, phone, address etc or you do not get paid. also there are a million fees in order to get your money. they send you a *** debit card and there are fees to use it. a fee to withdraw, everytime you use it, to have them send a check etc. I am beyond furious with them and no one from the company will do anything for me. I will NEVER EVER EVER purchase from them again. Worthless scam.

Mar 01 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

You were looking at the wrong fee schedule for pay quicker. There is a special fee schedule for O2 designers. Never once have I been charged to access my comission payments.

people are idiots

Jun 12 Spring Hill, Florida

no fees to use card or send money directly to your account. ask questions and know what you are talking about before bashing people.

Lou

Jan 08

THIS IS NOT A SCAM. I have been a designer for almost a year
And had no problems. The company is new so if there were errors here and
there this may be why. Angry people.

Jan 12

Lou...do we all seem like idiots? Read these comments from customers and designers alike.

yoadrianerocks

Dec 30, 2013

Worst customer service ever. Still waiting on customer refunds 2 weeks later. It takes forever to get to a customer service agent. One had the nerve to yell at me and scold me like a child. I am disgusted and embarrassed by the unprofessional actions of this company. I will not sell this product again. It's a shame because the lockers and bracelets are beautiful.

Dec 21, 2013

Origami Owl has made a significant difference in the lives of many and is NOT what the person above has made it to be. Mature people understand that. Both young people and older ones are earning a truly exceptional income selling these Lockets, Charms, Dangles, Plates etc. Though the company did have ups and downs as a new company establishing methods and resolutions related to an exceptional growth beyond that of any other Home Party Plan in this Industry, it has taken the steps necessary to make the changes needed. It's new top Professional CEO and Administration Staff and new warehouse and methods for packing and shipping is exceptional. There will always be those who will see only negatives.... but the over 60,000 Designers here can attest to the miraculous income and the growth and potential with this company. In only two years, our Directors are earning between $30,000 - $79,000/MONTH! And our Sr. Directors and Executive Directors earn more than that! My own Team Sales in November was over $3 Million Dollars. In my full time business in Top Management, I never earned that kind of money! And this is easy - there is no reason to push people into buying, they love it when they see it and love the creativity that invites them to make something meaningful and very personal. You can believe what you want to.... but if you really would love to make some Dreams come true, you should try it out for yourself!

Jan 12

anonymous you must think we are all as *** as you for not figuring out that you signed up with a crooked company. They are being investigated now for fraud.

21-40 of 102 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Origami Owl.
Filing a new complaint about
×