I bought these silver hoops with crystals at a craft fair where an Origami Owl consultant had a booth. I paid $28 for them, which I thought were a little high for something that wasn't even sterling. But I liked them a lot and they were the perfect size.

She said I was "saving" money because she doesn't charge shipping nor tax. Um, okay. I learned after that her saying this was just a marketing ploy to get me to buy them.

I wore them a lot, and 2 weeks into wearing them, I saw that they were missing crystals. There are copper and black holes instead where the crystals should be. I was stunned. 2 weeks and this happened? I never wore them in the water, just at work.

I contacted her and she said since it's under a 30 day warranty, she could replace them but she'd have to order them for me. I never heard back and she has never returned my emails. I called the company to complain but nothing happened either. I called again but was placed on hold. After 30 minutes, I gave up.

$28 wasted. Never buying their cheap, over priced costume jewelry again. No thanks. I found a different consultant from another jewelry company that sells the same one. They cost more but it has a LIFETIME guarantee. I'll take my business elsewhere and will not recommend Origami Owl to anyone else either. I'm in business so I know many people. Her loss. I got many compliments but I'll be sure to warn them all.

After reading the HUNDREDS of complaints on here, I can see that I am not alone with complaining about their bad quality pieces, lack of customer service. How do they even function as a business? They also have hundreds of complaints on BBB. I'm hitting them up next. I hope that they can make things better. I mean, doesn't anyone from their company read these??

SHAME ON YOU to the consultant for ignoring me. SHAME on the company for saying "we'll look into it" after I gave them the consultant's name and never hearing back!

And this is a Direct Sales Association accredited Business??? Does the DSA know how bad it is with them?? They should be kicked out and FINED.

Review about: Origami Owl Earrings.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Origami Owl?

Comments

All these designers have way too much time on their hands to come here comment. If you all are so convinced OO is so wonderful why do you even come here?

This is a DESIGNER issue, not a COMPANY issue.

to Anonymous #1100795

Oh wait , let me guess...,you're a designer that's drunk on the kool aid.

Don't cry when they file bankruptcy and leave you behind while the Weems laugh with their millions.

It's coming.

to Anonymous #1101091

The Quality of the product is a COMPANY issue!!