Troy, Michigan
1.9K views 3 comments
2.1
Style and Design

Feel highly disappointed with the quality of the origami owl products. I hosted a home party where my family and friends bought a significant amount of jewelry. I have two lockets, plates, a good quantity of charms and clip on accent pieces.

My rose gold locket is broke. The glass fell out and I lost all my charms. The silver tone locket has rhinestones around the glass and 1/2 of them are gone. The charms I have left are turning dark almost like tarnish.

Several people from my party have complained to me about their purchases as well.

I am understanding this is costume jewelry and fun pieces but the quality is substandard at best.

Too bad because this product has potential to be great and keep us purchasing to up date or change the lockets. However their lack of quality killed it. I'll never by from them again.

Review about: Origami Owl Locket.

Had an Experience with Origami Owl?

Comments

The company will replace if the glass fell out and the charms fell out.Your designer should be able to help you with this.

Same with the return on the locket with rhinestones. Every single crystal around the lockets are hand placed, so it may happen that the rhinestone can fall off- they have switched to the pave, Swarovski style that help with this issue (these are on all the twist lockets). As for the charms, they will probably also exchange these. It is important that you keep the jewelry away from water and do not shower with it.

I have never heard of anyone's charms tarnishing, I have had mine for almost 3 years and never have had them tarnish.You may also want to purchase a silver polishing cloth- sometimes tarnishing isn't actual tarnishing but dirt that will clean up once you use the polishing cloth

to Anonymous Grand Forks, North Dakota, United States #1221824

All of mine, except the actual lockers has tarnished.I do not shower with it or get it wet.

It hangs in my closet.

I've only owned it for 2 years and wear it very little.It's junk, very disappointing.

Talk to your designer, there is a returns policy :)