Origami Owl - Terrible Quality For the Price! (with pictures)

My husband bought me a bracelet in December of 2013 with about 6 charms. Within one week, one rhinestone from the link locket fell out along with a single rhinestone from both my heart key dangle and my crystal pave heart dangle ended up falling out. Three of the charms started to tarnish and became a pinkish color. The crystal pave heart dangle tarnished, the silver angel wing dangle tarnished, and so did another (that I don't have pictures of because my niece wanted it). The small lipstick charm turned black on the color portion and I never touched it. As a matter of fact, the seller is the one who put it all together for me!

My husband was furious as he was the one who noticed the bracelet starting to go south. He said for just a couple hundred bucks more, he could've gotten me a Pandora bracelet that would have lasted longer. I can understand costume jewelry at costume prices! This stuff is way too expensive to be "disposable". I will never, ever, ever wear another piece of jewelry from these rip-off artists! You live and you learn. I too was told that I had the jewelry too long to do anything about it...aaand it took forever to be told something I cared not to hear.

**Take a look at the pictures below to get an idea of what happened to my jewelry after one week. You may notice that the pieces have many nicks on them and that is because after I found out I couldn't get my money back for the wretched thing, I continued to wear it without caring whether or not it hit anything (what for?) To be honest, I began taking it off and tossing it in the basket with keys upon coming home (piece of junk). This review has been written over a month into having the bracelet in my possession.**

Save your money and spend it on better quality jewelry that does not disappoint or embarrass you!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 29 Yes 29 3 No 3
Had the same issue 21 Yes 21
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 04 #1154159 Utah, United States

You see that laptop charm in the locket. They copied it from someone's dangle. Look it up. haha they are screwing you all

May 04 #1154158 Tennessee, United States

When Origami Owl sends other peoples designs to china to copy what do you expect. Do you really think they care they bought that for .20 cents yes .20 cents or less when they charged you $5.00 or more. All they want to do is get your money for the *** and you completed their goal. They do not care if they burn you

Nov 30, 2015 #1071900

There are guarantees on Origami products. If the person who sold it to you is not available or willing to work with you I would contact the main company. I purchase this product for many family members as a gift and none of your issues ever happened. Sorry you experience this. Please contact the headquarters.

3 3 Reply

Jul 22, 2015 #1010485

Hahaha hahaha your jewelry embarrassed you. Hahahahahahaha

3 10 Reply

Nov 18, 2015 #1065897 Minneapolis, Minnesota

Shut up ! There is no reason at all to be this nasty.

4 2 Reply

Feb 03, 2015 #940533

Yes. Mine did the same thing. The bracelt remained silver the charms horrible and it cannot be polished out.

5 3 Reply

Dec 13, 2014 #915412 Vacaville, California

Wish I had found this blog before I spent over a 100 each on 2 bracelets with lots of charms for myself and the other was a gift. I realize this is costume jewelry but I never expected the bracelets to tarnish in two months or the charms to start falling apart , I felt bad about complaining since my daughters friend was selling it, stay away from this company I will contact the better Buisness bureau.

9 1 Reply

Nov 10, 2014 #897853 Beverly Hills, California

LMAO@Rhinestones! He should have shopped at Jared's or got your some real stones that's worth complaining about. And also you stopped caring about the bracelet, call it junk but yet kept wearing it? HE didn't care enough to spend more than a few buxx on you, YOU dont' care about yourself because you continued to wear it after it fell apart, called customer service, complained to your husband day in and out and still wore it? LOL i know he's thinking gotta get her better junk. Junk that will hold together longer than this one did. He isn't thinking, I should have to her a tiffany charm bracelet, he's thinking should have took her out to a buffet instead. LMAO.. he claims he got it from there, he prob ordered it from one of those knock of china websites trynna save it buck and getting upset about situation, trying to save face.

2 32 Reply
watch your mouth

Nov 10, 2014 #898142 Niagara Falls, New York

Even the rich wear costume jewelry dear. To each his or her own. You consciously chose to spell "bucks" as "buxx" so I'm not sure you're smart enough to care about yourself. You also seem to lack a life, as you took time out of yours to use that many words to ridicule someone who (if you read the comments) has pricey jewelry. It's possible you are too "Beverly Hills" to read that far down. OP never said anything about complaining to her husband constantly, and you'll also notice the husband knew he could've gotten better for her. Too much reading for you I suppose. Try taking a trip to grammar land and while there, see if someone offers a lesson or two on being less judgmental. #wasteofalife

28 4 Reply

Oct 14, 2014 #884638

does anyone have the phone number to origami owl ? I have been trying to reach them so I can cancel my website because I agree with all of you the jewelry is junk

8 3 Reply

Apr 03, 2015 #967427 Cedar Rapids, Iowa

They are easy to get a hold of online. Plus your representative will take care of it for you.

4 5 Reply

Oct 13, 2014 #884130 London, London

Jewelry is a very lovable thing and everyone like to wear it especially women. I also like to wear different kind of jewelry.
Jwellery Items

0 8 Reply

Mar 06, 2014 #791989 Lindenhurst, New York

I'm grateful to have found this website. In the last month I was invited by two friends to attend OO events. I'd never heard of the product and decided to do some research. I can't believe the price for silver toned and gold toned jewelry (essentially disposable junk). Toned jewelry can't be cleaned or polished....either of these processes will remove the thin veneer the cheap metal (usually copper or brass) has been coated with. And once the veneer is gone, the jewelry is worthless (copper and brass can also discolor clothing and skin). I laughed when one commenter said the jewelry has to be rarely worn to ensure longevity. That's ridiculous. Why would you buy jewelry only to keep it stored in a box? For the same price or even a few dollars more you can buy Sterling silver jewelry which can be polished. My income is precious...too precious to waste on disposable jewelry. I bought a gorgeous 1ctw diamond sterling silver ring from JTV for $130 a few months ago. That piece I'll have for the rest of my life. I can do without purchasing junk especially from a questionable family.
Again, thank you to those who shared their horror stories. I'm sorry for your difficulties, but your sharing helps to inform others. And my final note....to those OO lovers....you sound a little scary. Almost like brainwashed cult followers.

20 2 Reply

Feb 27, 2014 #789105 Ewa Beach, Hawaii

Yup, after a year of Origami Owl nightmares, I left too.
The reason? they changed wholesalers from China a few times. They kept going cheaper and cheaper. Pieces I got after I got my kit were different, thinner, lighter and tarnished immediately.
I did a party, my first party, and the locket broke off the bail. And went crashing onto the table. Embarrassing to say the least. Brand new.
Customer's pieces kept peeling, fading, turning black.
Did you know the average floating locket from china costs them about $2? Charms are like 0.23 cents. They don't like to return or exchange. They delete ALL negative comments on their facebook page and WAHM forum will BAN you forever if you say anything bad. My entire team quit because of all these reasons. They have over 200 complaints with the Better Business Bureau. Chrissy Weems is a FELON and belongs in prison for what she's done. google it! I hope they go down...for everyone's sakes. South Hill Designs is WAY BETTER. But Origami Owl decided to sue them out of jealousy.

16 2 Reply

Oct 14, 2014 #884639

would you happen to still have origami owls phone number because I to am a designer trying to quit the business, but the phone number is different I cant through

Apr 03, 2015 #967429

I don't know Chrissy Weems myself but she certainly is no felon. I suggest you buy something else then everyone will be happy. And no, I don't sell Origami Owl. I've purchased several items from them over time and couldn't be happier. I do understand not liking a product and I think when that happens you do have a right to complain -- to the right people -- and to get your money back. But calling someone a felon? Me thinks you're just wanting attention now.

2 8 Reply

Jan 23 #1099862

Grace, are you serious? Google it. Her mug shot is there, all over the internet and news.
1. She left her baby in a hot car to go to an appointment. She forgot her baby and the baby was unconscious, almost died.
2. She tried to delete condemning emails on her friend's, the ***, computer. Both her and the daughter sexually abused a n underage boy. Susan Brock and daughter.
She even admitted to it at the convention. Most cried, many walked out, never to return. She wanted forgiveness.
But it's all true. No one is making anything up but it sounds like you're blind. Yep, the truth hurts!

2 2 Reply

Jan 24 #1100153

Floating charms and lockets are cute, but the concept was never origami owl's to begin with. They just made these items a household name and started taking all the credit and charging ridiculous prices when there are much more affordable options out there at disposable prices.

1 2 Reply

Feb 12, 2014 #784690 Fairfield, Connecticut

MY Origami Owl jewelry has been a COMPLETE disappointment. Tarnished tags, horrible customer service and overpriced lockets have made me hate this company. I paid over $100 for a locket, necklace, and two plates. After wearing the locket twice I lost a rhinestone already. It's overpriced junk! My tag necklace and chain came tarnished and looked horrible. I called the company and after waiting 45 minutes on hold they said I should just polish it, that it ages in their warehouses. I tried to polish with a silver cloth and it looks almost no better. My advice is save your money for something else!

9 4 Reply

Apr 03, 2015 #967434

Yikes, that makes me sad. I've been wearing it for awhile now and nothing bad has happened to my stuff. Looks as good as when I bought it and I wear it all the time. I'm sure you are frustrated. Why didn't you get a refund? I would have done that for sure.

1-20 of 35 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Origami Owl. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Origami Owl.
Filing a new complaint about